Saturday, July 16, 2011

Chandi Chowk

We boldly ventured back to Old Delhi, into the craziness that is is Chandi Chowk. Yet this time we were accompanied by Anita and Priyanka. Having guides made the experience a lot less overwhelming, and having more friends made it a lot more enjoyable :)

Here are some pictures of the helter-skelter, wire strung streets of Old Delhi and us lounging in numerous sari shops trying on the most gorgeous saris.

If you read this please tell me which you like the best, I may attempt to go back and get one.
I know I already have one, but the ones we tried on today seemed a lot easier to maneuver in than our Bengali silk ones. The silk is tricky fish. Plus they were so nice. Note to my Indian friends: Get married soon so I can wear my saris!


Metro station (we got chased and yelled at for taking pictures, oops...haha!)

Walking around Chandi Chowk, scarves up to keep off the heat.

View from a rickshaw.

Friends in a rickshaw.

Connected. Old Delhi Style.

Jama Masjid (Mosque).

Anita and Priyanka, professional barterers.

Chillin' in a sari shop.

Look at all of them!

Clothing shop. I love the old-school sit down service.
Oh and Anita being silly.

Priyanka modeling the sari and converse combo.
Major fashion statement.

The absolutely stunning sari Yvette found.

Being wrapped up.
No way I would ever be able to do this by myself.

Sari #1.
Rajistani silk.
Red with green dots and silver beaded trim.

Sari #2
Shear sage (it is NOT light blue) sari.
Embroidered red, green and pink
decor and trim.
...and my skeptical face.

Sari #3
Amazing cream cotton&other material sari.
Thicker fabric.
Elegant Brown-gold patterning with trim.


Opinions please???

3 comments:

  1. The red one. For sure. Absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The red one is so AWESOME!!! I like the white one too, but its rude to wear white to a wedding that isn't yours. . . Better get both :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all so beautiful!! I say get them all but if you can only get one then I like the red and sage one!! Ps Im really enjoying reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete